|Mammoth Flooring . Carpets . Hardwood Floors . Tile Flooring . Vinyl & Linoleum Call us TODAY! (760) 934-8442|
Mammoth Hardwood FloorsMany considerations must be given when selecting a wood floor product. Here we will share the many types, sizes, colors, application methods, and the variety of wood floor species on the market today.
Types of Wood Floors:
1. Solid - Solid constructed wood floor products ranging from 1/4" to 25/32" with some product of 1".
2. Engineered (most popular) - Wood Flooring products constructed in various layers, with grain alternating in opposite directions giving this product more stability for installation in areas solid wood floor products can not be installed. This product comes in various ply's (layers), most being 3-5 ply.
3. Acrylic Impregnated - Wood Floor products that the wood grain has been injected with an acrylic material making it very hard and durable, making this a good choice for high traffic areas such as restaurants, malls, and other high traffic areas. With the various colors and patterns this also can be used for in home installation.
Wood Flooring Styles:
1. Strip - Wood flooring with a lineal tongue and groove construction most often in 1.5" and 2.25", solid or engineered, unfinished or prefinished.
2. Plank - Same as strip except for widths. Most start at 3" or 3.25" and go up in width in 1" increments. Some varieties reach 12-14" in solid or engineered, unfinished or prefinished.
3. Parquet - Pieces of wood floor construct into a pattern or design, most often geometric in nature.
Top 5 things you should know when choosing a wood floor product:
Mammoth Lakes, Ca 93546
Call us TODAY! (760) 934-8442
Email Mammoth Flooring